Callout: Nothing to Lose
Force Majeure invites people of size (large/fat/heavy/broad/plus sized) to audition for our groundbreaking new dance theatre project NOTHING TO LOSE exploring the fat dancing body.
We are seeking Melbourne based performers of size to audition for the show’s Malthouse Theatre season, as part of Dance Massive in March 2015.
The project is led by Kate Champion, Artistic Director of Force Majeure in collaboration with Kelli Jean Drinkwater (artist, filmmaker, fat activist) as Artistic Associate. For more information on the project click here.
We are looking for a diverse range of people across all ethnicities, ages, genders and experience levels. We are especially interested in men for the show and encourage them to come to these auditions. No previous dance training required (however trained people also welcome).
This is not your typical audition! It will be very welcoming and a short dance routine will be taught so that we can get a sense of how you move. If selected after the audition there will be ample rehearsal for the show.
We welcome applications from:
- People who identify as fat/big bodied/large
- People who consider themselves really good movers or have previous dance experience (formal training, regular night club mover and shaker, ballroom etc)
- People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be 18 years +
- To be eligible applicants must be available in Melbourne from 10 – 21 March 2015 (performances) and for rehearsals on 14 February and 28 February from 1pm – 5pm.
- Auditions will be held in Melbourne on 30, 31 January and 1 February 2015.
To apply please complete and submit an Expression of Interest form online here by 5pm 26 January 2015.
If you have any questions please contact Bec Allen, Executive Producer on 02 8571 9084 or email email@example.com.
Image: Toby Burrows.